Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Porcupine Meatballs

Joe requested I make porcupine meatballs for supper tonight and I was glad for the suggestion.  I had a pound of hamburger thawed and sort of in a dead zone in my mind what to make with it.  I found this recipe a lot of people liked and just changed it by adding an egg as some people said they kind of fell apart for them.  Don't overcook them..the sauce will all disappear and that is good with the potatoes..(I made mashed potatoes and peas and carrots and some segmented grapefruit to go with them)  Here is the recipe: I will definitely made them again.

PORCUPINE MEATBALLS:
1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice (I used white)
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1 lb ground beef (I used lean)
1 egg

Mix these ingredients together.  In a large fry pan, heat 2 Tablespoons of canola or vegetable oil up on medium high.  Form the meat mix into 1-1/2 inch meatballs (I used a small cookie scoop).  The mixture will be wet, but the meatballs will be fine)..brown on one side and then flip them over with a Tablespoon carefully to the other side and brown lowering heat if too hot. 

In a medium sized bowl mix together the following ingredients:
1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
1 cup water
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce

Pour over the meatballs and slowly simmer for 1 hour. 


No comments:

Post a Comment